Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

For those who are on my Facebook and Twitter, you already know I'm almost stupid with happiness that my love is home with us this year for Thanksgiving. It's the first Thanksgiving since 2005 that he has got to spend with us. 2005 wasn't the greatest year since it was right before he deployed and one of his Soldiers got in a terrible car accident overshadowing our whole day.


But this year, it's all about us..as a family, together and able to share in our gratitude for the blessings the Lord has brought into our life. We have been blessed to have Kevin return home to us, I'm thankful for that each and everyday, not just on this holiday.

There are many things I am thankful for:

My knowledge of my Heavenly Father and Savior's personal love for me.
The blessing of my children who make me laugh, cry and feel emotions only they can create.


My true friends who love me for me and don't judge me.

(I can't put up a pic here because I have too many friends and wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings! So if you're my friend, imagine your picture here!)

I am thankful for our new assignment and the care Kevin's new command has shown for families.


I am thankful for my parents who love me unconditionally and for my brothers, no matter what happens we are family and in the end that is all that matters.

I am thankful for the members of the Military and their families and the sacrifices they make. In our home, we honor all who serve and those who have fallen, we don't forget.
This year, I am most thankful to have my love home, we get through whatever gets thrown at us, but I love being able to endure together.


Wishing everyone a blessed Thanksgiving! Please keep our Troops serving overseas in your thoughts and prayers. The war doesn't stop for holidays.



No comments: