Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Left Side of the Bed

I'm sitting in my bed while I type this. Next to me is the sound of my love snoring softly. This past week as we have been preparing for Thanksgiving, I have been overwhelmed with emotion. This will be our first Thanksgiving together since 2005 and that one wasn't that great. In 2005, one of Kevin's Soldiers was in a terrible car accident and it overshadowed our celebration.

What I love the most is having him home..his presence on the left side of the bed. When he is away, I have a hard time sleeping..I hate being in our bed alone. I often sleep on the couch to avoid feeling the emptiness.

It's funny because many get annoyed over snoring, cold feet and cover hogging...I find deep comfort in all of that. When I find myself starting to feel annoyed by those things..I stop myself and smile because it means...

My love is in his spot...

on the left side of the bed.(Not sure he will appreciate that I took his pic while he was sleeping, haha)

4 comments:

Julie Danielle said...

There have been a lot of nights I have been on my laptop next to my sleeping husband too. When they are gone from us so much, we know how special that is :) I hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

Amy said...

lol that is cute and so true to tell yourself that..I'll keep that in mind tonight when I'm trying to push Preston over for more space!

Dana said...

This is EXACTLY how I feel about Matt....thanks for sharing!

Wolfley Family said...

I love this post - Greg is the left side bed person, too - and I like to hear his snoring, it reminds me he's home :)