Sunday, November 08, 2009

Huh?

That's how I feel. Still after a couple days, I am still in disbelief at the events that occurred at Fort Hood. I'm a mix of sadness and anger. I've tried to stay away from the media because I find that it makes me angry. There are many things I am disappointed about. I'm disappointed about those who are just stepping forward to say "oh I always wondered about him". Yeah, now? A little too late don't you think? I'm mad about those who think that PTSD is contagious...(go HERE to read an excellent post on the matter). I'm extremely disappointed in how our CinC reacted or rather his lack of reaction. I do admire former President Bush and his wife for their visit without the fanfare to the wounded and their families.
I have a lot of thoughts on the matter, oh trust me my brain has gone through many scenarios and what ifs. Of course, in the end, I'm one of those helpless fools who can only grieve and offer prayers of support.

I'd like to share some blogs that express some of what I am feeling. *WARNING- some may display explicit language*

A wolf in sheepdog's clothing

My Opinion This Morning


And last is a wonderful article by a Muslim Soldier currently serving in Iraq

In Iraq, the Fort Hood attack hit home


I'd like to point out that there were many heroes that day. Many Soldiers who performed the Army Values to a "T". They displayed selfless service and loyalty. That ladies and gentlemen is what a true Soldier does. Obviously the man wearing the uniform that day who brought harm to others who wear the same colors did not know the meaning of LDRSHIP.

No comments: