Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of School 2009

Today was a sad day for me, our boys went back to school. I always miss my kids so much when I have to send them back. Today I had a lot of anxiety because Neil was starting at a new school and Daniel was going to his school all by himself for the first time ever. I worried all day and wanted to rush and go pick them up or at least check on them. I wanted to drive Neil to school but he wanted to ride the bus, so I was strong and let it be. Throughout the day I prayed and prayed that my boys would be well and that they would get teachers who cared about them.

All three boys came home very happy. Daniel really likes his teacher and said she was fun. He was happy to see some of his classmates from last year. I will say it's odd to not be part of the hustle and bustle of the first day since every year since we have moved here, I have been part of the PTA and have been there for some reason.

Michael and Neil both had a great time at middle school. Neil was very cute when he was telling me that teachers kept saying to him "oh, you're Michael's brother". He didn't mind it at all. He even told his band teacher that he wanted to play the bassoon "just like my brother". Oh my heart swells with the bond my boys have.

Michael's confidence at being an 8th grader is astounding, he was happy to get back to school and to all his friends.

I'm glad they had a good first day. I hope in a month when we do it again at our new post that it will be just as good.

Here our the First Day of School pics along with our fun First Day of School dinner pics!






1 comment:

Michelle said...

How fun that they were all so confident for their first day back, and you did so good mom, you should be proud of yourself. I'm having anxiety about putting Sierra on the bus. I'm sure for the first few days at least I will probably drive her.