Thursday, May 14, 2009

One down....

This morning I performed my last official act as PTA president for my younger boy's school. I have to say it comes with much relief. It wasn't the year that was promised, far from it. I feel good about what we accomplished but sadly some things never change. We ran into so many obstacles (most of it being attitude). Even this morning as we delivered water bottles for the kids to have for Field Day we ran into grumbles about more work and other gripes. I don't like leaving an organization feeling the way I feel this morning but what's done is done. Slowly, over the course of the next few months, I will be stepping down from more of the organizations I volunteer for. Most of it is due to our impending move.

It's always sad when you give your best and it's still not good enough. I hope some of the people who have made the past year difficult will recognize that they may be there reason there was no PTA for 2 years. Good luck to my replacement, you'll need it!

No comments: