Monday, January 05, 2009

Bedtime Stories (the movie)

Tonight we went and saw the movie "Bedtime Stories" with Adam Sandler. I'm not a huge Adam Sandler fan but the boys wanted to go see this movie. It was a cute movie. I don't enjoy going to movies much, I have a hard time sitting still and then I don't like that many people around me. I go because my kids enjoy them. I love watching my kids watch movies, especially those that make them laugh. I love it when they do the silly smirks, the giggles and then the loud, deep in the belly laughs. I get more out of watching them then I do the movie. I love feeling Daniel's head leaning on my shoulder and grabbing his little hand into mine. I love the little winks that Michael and I share with one another and how I catch him watching for my reactions. Neil likes to sit next to me and share popcorn with me. He's so stoic but occasionally I'll see a small smile form or feel him shift as he leans forward to focus more on the screen. The movies are even better when Kevin is with us and him and I sneak glances at the boys together and then finding our eyes meeting and sharing a smile and love for our boys.

I rate "Bedtime Stories" with three stars but I rate a night at the movies with my boys five stars for sure!

No comments: