Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Paper or Plastic? Oh, neither???

So you know I can't go anywhere and not have lovely customer service experiences. If you have already read my previous entry, you'll know that I have this crazy magnetic pull for bad service.

Well my trip to the grocery store yesterday was no exception. The shopping part was pretty decent, though I have to tell you the difference in prices was a bit shocking. We found our goodies and went to check out.

This is where the good part begins. We put all our groceries on the conveyor belt while chitchatting away with my good buddy Lisa. I'm not really paying attention as the girl rings up our groceries but then I notice that my goods are stockpiling on the counter. Being that we are in a different area, I thought to myself, well maybe they don't bag your groceries here. So I ask the girl, "do we bag our own groceries?"

She replies, "well you can." Hmmmm, I look around and she goes on to say, "I don't know where our baggers are, it would be helpful if you would."

Me: "So you have baggers?"

Idiot Girl: "Well yes, but we don't really make our baggers bag groceries."

Me: "So you're baggers don't bag groceries? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of being a bagger?"

IG: "Uhm, yeah"

Me: "Well I guess things are different around here, back in Texas they bag our groceries."

IG to the bagger who wanders over: "Can you bag this lady's groceries, she's not from around here."

Me: "Don't make me out to be the idiot, you're the one who has baggers who don't bag groceries!"

Sigh, then she finishes ringing us up and prints my receipt to sign but she doesn't have a pen! Shocking, isn't it..wants me to bag my own groceries and now I have to use my own pen to sign. As I'm finishing up I glance at bagger boy who is throwing my eggs on top of my bread!!! Well I guess that explains why they don't let the baggers bag the groceries.

1 comment:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

LOL! This one really made me laugh out loud!