Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Why Yes...I am Fat...

Thanks for pointing it out!!

I'm really not self-conscious about my weight, it is what it is. If I had a strong desire to do something about it, I would.

I don't exercise, I don't eat the right foods, I enjoy soda. I acknowledge that I am the reason I'm thick around the middle. No one to blame but myself...if I was looking to blame someone that is.

But here is what gets to me about being fat. The fact that other people need to point it out. In the past few weeks, I've had people ask me if I was pregnant..uhm, no, just fat. "Oh but you're not fat!". Hmmmm, really, then why would you assume I'm pregnant? I had one boy tell me that he had seen lots of pregnant women and I looked just like them...thanks!

I could write in this blog about all the things I'm doing to combat my chubbiness, but really, I'm not about justifying to anyone. I know the reasons I can't drop weight like some people. I know what I need to do to get to a healthy weight.

Why write this blog? To get people to think about the comments they make. I once read a quote and of course I can't remember it verbatim..but it talks about how Charity can be not saying the obvious.

Well, that's my food for thought for the evening..I'm off to have an ice cream sandwich before bed!

2 comments:

Dana said...

I love you! I love to read your honest, engaging writing.

But for the record....I've never thought you looked pregnant....or fat. You just look like, well, you.

Unknown said...

Where is my ice cream sandwich!!!