Saturday, December 29, 2007

Some Thoughts and Pics about Our Christmas

Well Christmas is over and we had a great holiday! Santa brought in my parents around 4 in the morning. The boys were a bit timid at first. It has been a while since we've seen my parents...6 yrs since my mom came to visit us in Kentucky and 8 years since I'd seen my dad. This would be the first time that my dad met Daniel. Daniel latched on to him very quickly.

The boys were very excited to open their Christmas gifts...


Michael and his MP3 player

Neil and his Lego Mars Vehicle

Daniel and his Power Ranger Mission helmet

Those were the big hits of the year. Sadly, I think some of their gifts require more work on our part with having to download stuff for them but I guess that's what we get with technology.

We really did have a great Christmas, we have so much to be grateful for, I am so glad to be able to say that I did not let the impending deployment loom over our heads. I was able to be grateful for what we had this year and not really focus on what is to be next. It was so nice to have my parents here and to see them interact with the boys and to also have my mommy feed me (she makes the best everything!)

You know what's funny is I know that I get older but I never expect my parents too so I was kind of shocked to see that my parents have aged. In my mind I picture them to be the way they were when I left home 13 years ago.

They headed back to Idaho this morning and we were sad to see them go. Poor Daniel was quite attached to Grandpa and cried himself to sleep. It hurts my heart but at the same time I'm glad to see him love so deeply. We won't wait so long to see them this time, life is too short to wait too long to see those you love!

My dad, Michael and Kevin checking out the map of Texas
Grandpa and the boys at the 4th ID museum
Grandma and the boys at the 4th ID museum


All of us outside the 4th ID museum

2 comments:

Becca said...

What a special, special Christmas this must have been for you. How touching that Daniel attached himself to his Grandad, little one! Thanks for the photos, they are great

Michelle said...

Those are some great pictures, ones to cherish that's for sure. I hope that you get to seem them again soon!